Looking at different Harry Potter book covers around the world

The entire Harry Potter franchise is one of the best things in the world. A lot of people have seen the movies, but have you read the books? I think the books are better. The first HP book series were published in 1997 (That’s way before I was born), and they’ve been translated in over 80 languages and reprinted all over the world. Some countries chose to design their own covers themselves. Some covers are cool, and some are a bit cartoonish, but they are all fun.

Today’s post will be showing different Harry Potter book covers from around the world. It’s really amazing to see how each country depicts the features from the books. Let’s take a visual ride into the magical world of Harry Potter.

11. Italy

The Italian book covers are cute, but c’mon this is funny to look at. Is the giant rat supposed to be scabbers? Did scabbers ever play chess with harry? Somebody, remind me. Who remembers when harry decapitates scabbers, and puts his head on like a hat? I definitely remember that happening in the movies. Alright, I’m just being sarcastic. The other Italian covers from the book series are pretty cool.


22. Lithuania


This looks cool, The Philosopher’s stone cover is absolutely beautiful and it's just mesmerizing to look at. I also love the translation of Harry Potter “Haris Poteris”


33. Bulgaria


Did Viktor Krum Draw this? (did you get the joke?). Jokes aside, I think this cover is really cute. Covers like this give me confidence in my artistic ability.  It has a Roald Dahl quality to it. Fun fact: The artist that made the Bulgarian covers was 95 when he made them! How cool is that?

44. Dutch cover


I love how on every one of the covers there are no faces shown, there’s not too much going on, and it’s a bit spoiler-free.


55. Swedish cover


Oh my gosh, this is beautiful. I think we have a winner, guys. The Deathly Hallows cover is just the best, Harry looks so badass. What do you think?


66. Thailand


I think we have a tie with Sweden. Holy smokes! This is incredible, and The artwork is incredible and so detailed.  The cover shows details of each book’s storylines and depicts infamous characters. Too bad the translation is in Thai only. I'd love to get the books just for the covers. Harry looks so cute, if there's ever an animated series about Harry Potter, I'd want the characters to look like this.

I think I’m going to stop here for now. Which ones do you like best? A second post will be coming up soon.

Happy weekend!

Post a Comment

0 Comments