My Favorite Childhood Books


 I think that what you read as a child kinda helps to shape a person, it also says a lot about that person. Books shaped me into the person I am today. When I was younger, I read a lot, a whole lot. I read anything I could get my hands on, I think I started my reading journey with the Archie comics, I didn't know they were Archie comics until I was much older. My sister and I were living with a relative, there wasn't much to do or TV to watch, but they did have a lot of books about Archie and the gang, I just used to read them and enjoyed looking at the pictures, I know there were other books also, I just can't remember the names, Archie is my earliest memory. I also loved to read the stories in my primary school English textbook, then I'd go to the next class, and get someone else english textbook, and read it stories there, it was fun. I love talking about my childhood, it was pretty fun. So, I'll just share my favorite childhood books and talk a bit on each.


1. Enid Blyton Books (Malory towers, Famous five, the secret seven e.t.c)


I read a ton of Enid Blyton's books growing up, a whole lot. I can say that Enid Blyton's books actually helped shape me to the woman I am today (did that sound corny?) My mom used to work at a school, and I followed her to work sometimes when the school term was over, at the school library, they had a bunch of Enid Blyton's books. The first one I read was actually 'First term at Malory towers' The school librarian allowed me to take it home, (that was so nice of him), and I finished it that night, returned it home, got the next book, took it home, finished it, returned it back, I kept up that cycle till school resumed back. It was fun.

2. Sweet Valley twins by Francine Pascal


Ugh! Elizabeth and Jessica wakefield made me want to be a twin so bad. I loved reading about sweet valley when I was younger, I obsessed over it. A girl from school used to bring them to school for me. I have no idea where she got them from, she'd bring one book to school, I'd finish reading it by the end of the school day and give her back, and she'll bring another one for me. If I couldn't finish it by the end of the school day, she would let me take it home, and I would bring it back the the next. That girl was a real gee. She was my sweet valley plug. Sweet valley twins, Sweet Valley high, Sweet Valley University, even the special editions, she had them all.

3. Matilda by Roald Dahl

I actually can't remember when I read matilda or how I got to read it, or who gave me book, I just know I read it. I didn't finish it either. There was no front cover or back cover, and like, I only had the second half of the book I think, but I remember it being awesome. It wasn't until years later, I was re-reading it, I was like, "wait a minute!  I've read this before".

4. James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl


Just like matilda, I can't remember how or when I read it, or who gave me the book, but I read it, I remember it being so awesome, and rooting for James. It's a childhood classic.

5. The Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling


Harry Potter is my all time favorite book. Everyone who really knows me knows I'm a huge Potterhead, and that all started as a child. My mom got me into HP, I remember when I was about to turn 15, the only thing I asked for my birthday was my very own Harry Potter book, and I got it. My 15th Birthday is still one of the best birthdays I've had. I was so happy. I took it back to school when a new term began, and it got stolen.

 There are other books I loved when I was younger, some I still do. Some of which include, The babysitter's club, A little Princess, anything by Enid Blyton, Alice in wonderland, the chronicles of narnia series


Post a Comment

0 Comments