Dogma of The Five Kingdoms #BookReview

 


Hey everyone, it's Ire here, I haven't posted in a month, and a lot has happened since then, but the point is I'm back, I enjoy talking about books, writing about books, I'm also enjoying blogging, it's like a diary, except writing down some deep dark secret.

Exams start real soon, I'm talking about next week Monday, the semester really flew by so fast. Wish me luck!

Okay, so let's get to the point of today's post. I'm having another book review!!!!!


Remember my first book review "scourge of the five kingdoms" ? If you don't remember it, you can check it out here. Did y'all read it? How did you like it? Let me know please.

Okay, so our Author Charles K. Jordan has released the second book in this five part series and it's called "Dogma of the Five kingdoms" Let's get into it then.

Blurb.

The Consul is at a loss. Despite their initial overconfidence and the best efforts of the Five Kingdom's combined military, the undead Scourge still plague the realm.


In Xandra, divine revelations and interventions ignite a dogmatic struggle between religious sects, pushing the nation toward civil war and hindering Xandran participation in the fight against the Scourge.


Prince Fortexxt, renowned for his honor and trustworthiness, takes responsibility for a mysterious stranger who appears to be more than she seems. Shortly after this pivotal decision, events escalate, and he finds himself trapped between promise and duty. From this point on, every decision he makes will impact the future of his people.


Gaiaus, the newest True Brother, is starting to understand what it means to make a deal with a daemon. His unique strengths and abilities are vast and varied but come with a steep price. That price, in this case, is that he must do the bidding of Ta'Lin, no matter how demeaning or despicable those orders may be. For now, it is a price he is willing to pay -- at least until a better opportunity comes along.


Pivotal pieces come and go as schemes succeed and fail. Who will be on the right side of history when the dust settles? Will there even be a Five Kingdoms left after the winds of change have blown across the continent?.


Now, onto my review!!!

So, I really don't want to give any spoilers because some readers may not have read the first book. But our Author continued in keeping the pace from book one. If you're a fan of fantasy books, especially high fantasy, with magic (of course, what's fantasy without a dose of magic?) mad politics, mages, warlords, evil forces, daemons, warfare, and the undead, this book is for you.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it in the first book, I really like the world building of this story, The world building is excellent, you have the five kingdoms; The Ramons, Arzans,  Nawahls, Grants, and the Xandrans), there's also the wildlands, and all of these are in the continent called Cordizal, the characters, some can be annoying, but that's it, no one is perfect and it leaves room for the characters to grow. The writing is also really good. I was impressed with book one, and book two is definitely better. The chapters are alternating with the POVs of different characters. Most of the time, I find an issue with alternating chapters, but Charles K. Jordan really tied it in well. 

I am looking forward to the next book. You should definitely add this to your TBR pile if you need something fresh and new and is also a nice, fun and exciting read. 

If you also want to know more about the first book, you can check out my review here, and you can get Dogma of the Five kingdoms here. Please note that this is Just my review. You can follow Charles on twitter here @C_K_J_5.

Post a Comment

1 Comments