#Discussion Post: 10 Bookish Pet Peeves every Bookworm can relate to.

 


Hello book lovers (and non-book lovers who are looking to become book lovers). Now, there's nothing a bookworm loves more than curling up and reading a book for hours, that's what I've been doing these past few days and it's been glorious! I've just been reading and reading and reading, I'm pretty sure I've completed about half of my reading list already! Okay, maybe that's not so healthy, but I'm back at school, and classes start today.

 I need to catch up on my recreational reading before school reading starts(God, no. I'm already bored thinking about school).

Okay, what was I saying? Right... there's nothing a bookworm loves more than curling up and reading a book for hours and there's nothing more than when the world makes reading a tad bit difficult. Reading comes with some annoyances, so here are some hilarious bookish pet peeves, I'm sure you can relate to.


1. When the movie poster is on the book cover


Now, that's just ugly. It's a trend that needs to die but most likely won't.

2. Stickers on the book cover or at the back of the book covering the synopsis

Now, that's just annoying. I like my books in good, clean conditions, and when I get a new book, and I need to read the synopsis, and a sticker is covering it up, I'm like, "what's all this now?", and then you try to peel the sticker off, and it tears itself or the actual cover so now there's white paper residue on the book, ruining it (gotta look for a hack for this)

3. When there isn't a blurb at the back of the book!


So you get a new book, and you're like, "oh, let me find out what it's about" and then you go the back cover and you see vague reviews, no blurb, that's annoying! And maybe you're like, "oh, maybe it's in the first page" so you open to the first page, then the second page, then the third page, still no synopsis, so now you've got to get your phone to find out what the book is about atleast. It can be very annoying. I need to know what the book is about.

4. When a book isn't edited properly.

I don't like this at all. I can maybe stand one or two mistakes, but when a book has multiple errors, it ends up in my DNF list.

5. When a book has been written in/highlighted.

Like I said earlier, I like my books in good, clean, conditions and that includes not writing in my book or highlighting lines

6. When someone tries to read your book over your shoulder.

Ummm... Hello??? Get your own book mister. Plus you're breathing all over me.

7. When someone says they like the movie better than the book.

I think this is a universal pet peeve for booklovers. When someone who hasn't read the book says the movie is better. Come on! The book is always better. It's their loss anyway.

8. When someone spoils something in the book


Oh God, this is a HUGE one. Don't tell me anything about the book yet, don't spoil it for me before I read it myself. It's a really awful thing to do. You only get one chance to read a book for the first time

9. When People Aren’t Careful With Borrowed Books

This is just common courtesy. Return my book in the same condition I gave it to you. But noooo, that doesn't happen. When I was in boarding school, I never got my books in the same condition I took it in. It was a fact. When you take your book to school, be prepared to take it back home in a worse condition. My Harry Potter and the Half-blood prince I got for my 15th birthday, I took it to school for show and tell, it got stolen at the end of the session. It still hurts to this day.

10. When a book release is delayed

This is sad and also a pet-peeve. Looking forward to a book’s release, only to find it’s been delayed and now you have to wait even longer! I get things happen and we try to understand that, but secretly we're still a little sad and annoyed.

Tell me what your Bookish Pet Peeves are.

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Totally correct on all points. The movie poster on the cover of the book is annoying.

    ReplyDelete