Favorite books that I read this year

 


Hey everyone, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas, I'm sure I did. It's a new week, the year is coming to end, and I read a lot of books this year. I'm actually very proud of myself. I went through a reading slump last year, it felt like I had read all the books in the world. That's not true, there's still a lot more to read. As the year is coming to an end, I thought I should share my favorite books that I read this year. Now, this list won't just contain books published in 2021, but books from the past year, books I read again, basically books I read and I really enjoyed reading. So let's begin!


1. Harry Potter Series J.K Rowling


I make it a point to read all 7 of the Harry Potter books every year, and watch the movies too also. I didn't miss it this year, and each year, I'm always reminded why I love this world so much. I can't wait to go again in 2022!


2. Renegades by Marissa Meyer


Okay, so I was actually holding off reading this book, I'm not sure why I did because I love Marissa Meyer's other books. Boy, am I glad I finally read it. I read it very recently, this month actually, and I finished all the three books in like, 3 days. It was a very fun read. I loved the superhero storytelling, kinda like villians by V.E Schwab.


3. Scythe by Neal Shusterman


Scythe is set in a world where disease, war and crime have been eliminated, the only way to die is to be randomly killed ("gleaned") by professional scythes. Citra and Rowan are teenagers who have been selected to be scythes' apprentices, and despite wanting nothing to do with the vocation, they must learn the art of killing and understand the necessity of what they do.Only one of them will be chosen as a scythe's apprentice and as Citra and Rowan come up against a terrifyingly corrupt Scythedom, it becomes clear that the winning apprentice's first task will be to glean the loser.


4. All of us Villians by Amanda Foody and Christine Lynn Herman.


I love this book so much, it's kinda like hunger games, both in my opinion, I think it's better. The characters are amazing, there's no clear black or white character, you don't know which character to root for, because each character is as grey as the next. Trust me in this one, if you haven't read this book yet, you really should. It needs all the hype it can get.


5. Scourge Of The Five Kingdoms by Charles K Jordan.


Scourge of the Five Kingdoms was one the first book I reviewed, and I had so much fun with the process, I loved reading the books, the characters,the world building was amazing, you can check out the full book review Here.

6. Legendborn by Tracy Deonn.


What's not to like really? An awesome Black female lead, Arthurian legend, Fantasy, great world building, in my opinion(and a lot of other people's opinions), this was one of the best books of 2020.

7. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard.


In the Witchlands, there are almost as many types of magic as there are ways to get in trouble―as two desperate young women know all too well.


Safiya is a Truthwitch, able to discern truth from lie. It’s a powerful magic that many would kill to have on their side, especially amongst the nobility to which Safi was born. So Safi must keep her gift hidden, lest she be used as a pawn in the struggle between empires.


Iseult, a Threadwitch, can see the invisible ties that bind and entangle the lives around her―but she cannot see the bonds that touch her own heart. Her unlikely friendship with Safi has taken her from life as an outcast into one of reckless adventure, where she is a cool, wary balance to Safiya’s hotheaded impulsiveness.


Safiya and Iseult just want to be free to live their own lives, but war is coming to the Witchlands. With the help of the cunning Prince Merik (a Windwitch and privateer) and the hindrance of a Bloodwitch bent on revenge, the friends must fight emperors, princes, and mercenaries alike, who will stop at nothing to get their hands on a Truthwitch.

8. Ace of Spades by Faridah Àbíké-Íyímídé.


When two Niveus Private Academy students, Devon Richards and Chiamaka Adebayo, are selected to be part of the elite school’s senior class prefects, it looks like their year is off to an amazing start. After all, not only does it look great on college applications, but it officially puts each of them in the running for valedictorian, too.


Shortly after the announcement is made, though, someone who goes by Aces begins using anonymous text messages to reveal secrets about the two of them that turn their lives upside down and threaten every aspect of their carefully planned futures.


As Aces shows no sign of stopping, what seemed like a sick prank quickly turns into a dangerous game, with all the cards stacked against them. Can Devon and Chiamaka stop Aces before things become incredibly deadly?


9. The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes


Avery Grambs has a plan for a better future: survive high school, win a scholarship, and get out. But her fortunes change in an instant when billionaire Tobias Hawthorne dies and leaves Avery virtually his entire fortune. The catch? Avery has no idea why--or even who Tobias Hawthorne is. To receive her inheritance, Avery must move into sprawling, secret passage-filled Hawthorne House, where every room bears the old man's touch--and his love of puzzles, riddles, and codes.


Unfortunately for Avery, Hawthorne House is also occupied by the family that Tobias Hawthorne just dispossessed. This includes the four Hawthorne grandsons: dangerous, magnetic, brilliant boys who grew up with every expectation that one day, they would inherit billions. Heir apparent Grayson Hawthorne is convinced that Avery must be a con-woman, and he's determined to take her down. His brother, Jameson, views her as their grandfather's last hurrah: a twisted riddle, a puzzle to be solved. Caught in a world of wealth and privilege, with danger around every turn, Avery will have to play the game herself just to survive.

10. The Invisible life of Addie La Rue by V.E Schwab.


France, 1714: in a moment of desperation, a young woman makes a Faustian bargain to live forever and is cursed to be forgotten by everyone she meets.


Thus begins the extraordinary life of Addie LaRue, and a dazzling adventure that will play out across centuries and continents, across history and art, as a young woman learns how far she will go to leave her mark on the world.


But everything changes when, after nearly 300 years, Addie stumbles across a young man in a hidden bookstore and he remembers her name.


Okay, that's all I've got for today, the next time I'll be posting, it will be 2022!!! I'm so excited. Have a great week everyone.

Post a Comment

2 Comments